Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Current Project: Modified Vader

My insomnia has reached a new stage in its development. I'm not having any problems getting to sleep as of late, however once asleep, I have the strangest dreams. Because of this, I'm still not getting a restful slumber. So yesterday Chuck and I played hookie..hookey? er..blogger doesn't recognize this as a real word...

Anyway, I read a book from cover to cover yesterday and he played COD all day. It was a nice break from brainstorming, organizing posts, burning myself with my glue gun, and responding to the endless emails in my inbox. But I'm back at my desk today and even though I was able to clear my head and my calendar, I still feel really tired. So I'm going to put you in the driver's seat this week. Is there a topic you would like me to cover? Is there something wedding or flower related that you want more info or inspiration? Let me know either in the comment section, on facebook, or email.

This is totally off topic, but I want to share with you guys my most recent project...or at least what I have done thus far. It's no secret Chuck and I are Star Wars fans. Last year he bought us some helmets he found at the Columbus Flea Market and I've been dying to modify them. So when I recently bought my handy dremel, I jumped right in and hacked away at Vader's head. I didn't think about taking pictures at that stage, but I just finished putting on the first coat of bronze glaze. I'll keep posting my progress as I move along in this process, but here's what I've got so far...

This is before the glaze. I used a textured flat black spray paint.


I used a dry brush to apply the glaze and wiped off any excess.


I think I'm going to pick up some silver glaze to give it some highlights. The color of this glaze is "Renaissance Brown" but it's definitely bronze..the glaze maker just wants to be fancy. And if you haven't put it together yet, I'm aiming for a sort of "steampunk" flair. If anyone has any ideas for faux rivets, I'd love to hear them!

What topics would you like me to cover this week? Are there any elements in your wedding planning that you'd like some inspiration? Is there a theme you'd like me to cover? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment