Monday, January 28, 2013

a wedding, a flea market, and lots of sweet treats

Saturday, we welcomed a new member into our family. My cousin, Lauren, was wed to her best friend, Joe.


 It was a lovely, intimate ceremony with close family. The night was hosted by Under The Moon Café, located in Bordentown City, NJ. This place is so cute and has so much personality. The tables and chairs are all mismatched and you eat the Argentinian fusion cuisine out of random dishes. I felt like I was eating at someone’s kitchen table, which I absolutely loved; so charming. Small weddings are always my favorite. I feel like the couple’s individuality really comes through in all the details. 


The Cheesecake


The food was exceptional, especially the crab bisque and the dulce de leche cheesecake.  Let me just tell you, if you are ever in the Bordentown area, go get the cheesecake. It is made on the premises and I swear you won’t regret it. Amazing. For dinner, guests had a choice of vodka rigatoni with chicken, zuppa de pesce, or pork osso buco. I had the zuppa but everything looked delicious.

Lauren's 4 year old son, Dylan

Lauren and her brother, John

My sister, Dana, and step-mom, Trina

The happy couple tying the knot
Best wishes for a long and happy marriage! Love you guys!

Sunday was the first ever Trenton Punk Rock Flea Market. My husband and I went to check it out and had a great time. There were so many unique handmade and vintage finds along with vinyl. Lots of it. I ended up getting a cute Pantone coin purse and the guy selling them gave me a free little notepad with graph paper inside…which I was pleasantly surprised with since I love writing on graph paper.  And some comfy, broken-in Doc Marten boots.


But what I really want to talk about is the cupcake! Those of you who know me, know I love baked goods. I don’t like baking, but the eating part is fun. This little piece of chocolately heaven was made by Confections of a Rock $tar located in Asbury Park, NJ. The appropriately named, Rock n Roll cupcake was rich chocolate cake topped with fudgy buttercream frosting, packed in an adorable little pink box. As soon as I got home I looked up their website and let me tell you, they do amazing work! Go check them out, they take special orders.


image of a locket from origami owl
Another thing I wanted to mention is Origami Owl Custom Jewelry. Michelle Lawlor of Lucky17 Photography sells these little gems. They are completely customizable and interchangeable. The lockets have a clear face that you fill with charms to suit your personality. I love these. They are the perfect bridesmaid gift! Click over to her site to see the complete line. 








All in all, it was a great weekend. 

What did you do this weekend? Did you go to the Punk Rock Flea Market? What treasures did you find? Let us know in the comment section!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment