Saturday, February 9, 2013

The House Of Pucci: Emilio Pucci 2013

vougue.com
I've always been a big fan of Emilio Pucci. I remember being young and lusting after a silk scarf with that signature geometric print. I remember not knowing the correct pronunciation and uttering what sounded like an inappropriate word coming from a young girl's mouth. This morning, I was looking at the Spring/Summer 2013 line and flashed back to a beautiful gown I saw last Spring. If you are not familiar with Pucci, think: clothing for the woman that loves to bare as much as possible without arrests of indecent exposure.
vogue.com
image source: becauseiamfabulous.com
This year we see more cut-outs, more lace, more of that Pucci-esque geometry. I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce' however, the black velvet Pucci gown she wore for the Presidential Inauguration was to die for. This piece is from the 2013 Pre-Fall Collection. Peter Dundas, the Artistic Director behind the House of Pucci, says his inspiration for the Fall line is Mia Farrow as Daisy Buccanan. “I’d forgotten what a great look she had: something so innocent, yet at the same time a little perverse.” said Dundas


 These are some of my favorite designs. Images are courtesy of Emiliopucci.com Pre-Fall 2013 Collection



 What do you think about the 2013 Collections? What is your favorite piece? How do you feel about the new direction Peter Dundas is taking the iconic design house? Let us know in the comment section!
             

 

No comments:

Post a Comment